|TSMS Admission Information|
|Online Pre-application||Apply Now!|
With this vision, local Korean churches and Torch Trinity Graduate University joined hands to offer the Torch Strategic Mission Scholarship (TSMS) to a limited number of qualified applicants, especially from unreached people groups. The scholarship has been awarded to over a hundred students as of December 2011. TSMS is a distinguished scholarship given to Christian ministers, who possess outstanding academic and ministry potential, from missionally noteworthy regions. The scholarship includes full tuition and room and board for the duration of a recipient’s degree program. For the recipients in the Master of Divinity program, the scholarship extends for three consecutive years. For the Master of Arts and Master of Theology recipients, the scholarship extends for two consecutive years.
|Program||Concentration||Duration of Study|
|Master of Divinity
|Master of Arts
|Master of Theology
- Currently, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) applicants are NOT eligible for TSMS. These applicants must apply under other scholarships for international students.
- A confessing and mature believer (who has the assurance of salvation) with two letters of recommendation from a pastor, professor, or church leader/employer
- A Native of a strategic mission country or region (majority world, developing country, Muslim region, etc.) with a vision to plant/build the church of that country (Internationals residing in Korea cannot apply.)
- A four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent by an accredited institution recognized by Torch Trinity Graduate Universtiyy
- An MDiv or its equivalent for a ThM applicant
- A TOEFL/IELTS score that meets Korean government standards.
In case of severe difficulty in accessing the exams, the applicant is advised to contact the admissions officer.
- Online Pre-application
- Application (Including English Scores)
- Phone/Video Interview
Apr. 3 – Jun. 28, 2013
|Confirmation of Pre-application Result||Jul. 2013||Email Notification|
|Application||Jul. – Aug. 31, 2013||Mail Application Form with Required Documents|
|Confirmation of Application Result||Sep. 17, 2013||Email Notification|
|Interview||Sept. 30 – Oct. 1, 2013||Phone or Video Interview|
|Final Result||Oct. 8, 2013||Email Notification|
- I. Pre-application
- Applicants for TSMS must submit the ONLINE PRE-APPLICATION prior to the actual application for admission. Online pre-application provides the preliminary documentation necessary to demonstrate that a prospective international student has the proper educational qualification and ministry experiences as well as ministry plan after his/her study at Torch Trinity. Only those who passed the pre-application evaluation are eligible to submit the application form and other required documents for TSMS admissions.
- Period: Apr. 3 – Jun. 28, 2013
Online Pre-application input on www.ttgu.ac.kr “2013 TSMS Admissions Pre-application”
- Pre-application Input List
1. Personal Information
2. Personal Statement (spiritual and academic backgrounds)
3. Transcript in English (upload scanned files)
- II. Application
- Those who passed the pre-application evaluation need to submit the application form and required documents to the Admissions Office by the application due date. The forms will be sent to successful applicants individually by e-mail.
- Period: Jul. – Aug. 31, 2013
Application packaged should be sent by post until Aug. 31.
- Required Documents:
1. Application for TSMS Admission(use provided form)
2. Personal Statement (use provided form)
3. Two Recommendation Letters (use provided form)
2) Professor or Church Leader/Employer
4. Certificate of Graduation
*Original or Attested Documents by the Korean Embassy
**Each applicant must submit certificates from colleges, universities, and/or seminaries previously attended. In unusual circumstances, a copy of a diploma may be used as a substitute. However, the school does not accept a transcript that bears the name of the degree as a replacement of a diploma.
5. Official Transcript
*Original or Attested Documents by the Korean Embassy
**The applicant should submit official transcripts from all colleges, universities, and/or seminaries previously attended. Foreign transcripts, including records of all courses, examinations, grades, grading scales, and conferrals of degrees, must be in English.
6. Original TOEFL Score (or IELT substitute) - Taken within the Past Two Years
* Required Score: TOEFL CBT 210, iBT 80, IELTS 5.5 (exceptions may apply).
7. Passport-size Photos (3)
8. Scholarship Application (use provided form)
9. Medical Reports (use provided form)
- Application Submission
1. Mailing Address
Torch Trinity Graduate University
55 Yangjae-Dong, Seocho-Gu, Seoul, Korea 137-889
2. Any incomplete document cannot be considered for evaluation.
3. Once you submit your application package, documents therein cannot be changed or returned.
- III. Interview
- After the paper screening process, the evaluation committee will have a phone or Skype (online video) interview with applicants.
- Interview Period: Sep. 30 – Oct. 1, 2013, between 9:00 am to 6:00 pm (Korea Standard Time)
- Applicants who are admitted will get the admissions package which includes Notice of Intention, Financial Statement, and TSMS Covenant.
- Once they received the admissions package, they should sign each documents and then return them to the Admissions Office.
- Upon receiving the signed admissions package, he/she will receive documents that pertain to obtaining a student visa.
Revised April 3, 2013